Immigrating from Outside the U.S.

U.S. Citizens are eligible to provide Permanent Residency or “Green Card” sponsorship for their spouse, parents, children and siblings currently living outside the United States. U.S. Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) can also file family based Permanent Residency Petitions, but only for their spouse and unmarried children.

We offer the full range of legal services for consular permanent resident processing.  Analyzing the various foreign birth and marriage documents that will evidence the qualifying family relationship to ensure the documents meet both U.S. Immigration and U.S. State Department regulatory requirements. 

  • Preparation and submission of USCIS Immigrant Petition Forms and U.S. Department of State Visa Forms.
  • Monthly monitoring of the U.S. State Department’s Visa Bulletin to make sure the immigrating family member can take advantage of a permanent residency visa when it first becomes available.
  • Preparation of the required Affidavit of Support and evaluation of the sponsoring family member’s financial ability to meet the required U.S. poverty guidelines for supporting their immigrating relatives in the U.S.  
  • Coordinating with the National Visa Center in the collection of all civil documents for presentation at the appropriate U.S. Consulate abroad, such as police clearance certificates, photos and birth and marriage documents.
  • Preparing the immigrating family member for their Immigrant Visa interview in front of a U.S. Consular Officer, including providing instructions on obtaining the required medical exam and other items required at the consular interview.
  • Corresponding with the appropriate U.S. Consulate about problematic cases and requests for additional evidence as well as preparing legal arguments for the U.S. Department of State’s Advisory Office if a case is denied.
  • If the immigrating family member is found ineligible for permanent residency we provide legal services in preparing and submitting a waiver of such ineligibility.